OLEV Government Grant for Home:
With governments around the world keen to reduce the carbon footprint from vehicle emissions, here in the UK you can claim a government grant towards the cost of your EV charger installation.
Only OLEV approved installers can pass this cost on and as a registered installer, Lightplay Electrical can help you through the process from start to finish.
The Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) grant allows customers to claim up to 75% off the cost of installation and equipment. Currently, this is capped at £350 inc VAT.
The OLEV grant, also known as the Electric Vehicle Home Charge Scheme (EVHS), allows the home owner to claim for two vehicles per household. The criteria to claim for this is as follows;
- You own ands electric vehicle, have ordered one or have an electric lease vehicle
- You’ve acquired the vehicle after 2016
- Your property has a driveway / garage where the vehicle can be charged
- The installation date is less the 4 months ahead of the vehicle deliver date or the start date of intended use
- You intend to keep the vehicle for 6 months or longer after date of purchase
For further information please check the guide lines issued by OLEV.
If you meet the above criteria then feel free to get in touch.