OLEV Government Grant for Home:
With governments around the world keen to reduce the carbon footprint from vehicle emissions, here in the UK you can claim a government grant towards the cost of your EV charger installation.
Only OLEV approved installers can pass this cost on and as a registered installer, Lightplay Electrical can help you through the process from start to finish.
The Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) grant allows customers to claim up to 75% off the cost of installation and equipment. Currently, this is capped at £350 inc VAT.
The OLEV grant, also known as the Electric Vehicle Home Charge Scheme (EVHS), allows the home owner to claim for two vehicles per household. The criteria to claim for this is as follows;
- You own ands electric vehicle, have ordered one or have an electric lease vehicle
- You’ve acquired the vehicle after 2016
- Your property has a driveway / garage where the vehicle can be charged
- The installation date is less the 4 months ahead of the vehicle deliver date or the start date of intended use
- You intend to keep the vehicle for 6 months or longer after date of purchase
For further information please check the guide lines issued by OLEV.
If you meet the above criteria then feel free to get in touch.
Check your eligibility
Fill in form and we will let you know if you are eligible for OLEV grant.
Send us your interest
Let us check your eligibility
Consult our Specialist
Book a date for installation
Our charging point technology works with
Yes this would be possible but you would not be eligible for the discount.
Normally 3 – 4 hrs – dependent on difficulty of installation.
We do offer a free remote site survey. Upon registering interest, you will be sent a questionnaire which can be easily filled using a phone or iPad. The process is simple and the software walks you through the document requirements step by step.
This information is required by OLEV it also allows us to assess the installation. A quote can often be generated from the information provided.
In the event that more information is required, we may request a short video or further pictures of the installation.
If preferred, a full site survey by an Engineer can also be arranged. This will be chargeable work, but it can then be offset against the installation cost if you decide to proceed.
* For Work Place EV charging queries please get in touch and we will endeavour to answer any questions that you may have.